Thursday, November 20, 2008

Such-a-Rush


I was thinking about road rage this morning while sitting behind a massive truck pulling a construction tractor. This was the second time I was en route to work. The first time I went to work didn't fare so well. I pulled into a parking spot and realized I had forgotten my laptop. This is moments after leaving my apartment where I realized I had lost my wallet...somewhere.

On the second attempt to get to work, I was cognizant of time and my emotions were buzzing in the 'annoyed' section of the spectrum.

I wondered if the speed of things these days makes it easier to get frustrated in slow situations. I get up-to-the-minute updates via text when my pals update their twitter. I can search google (or text google for that matter) if I am lost or in need of entertainment, and I have the fastest internet access at work.

What was it like before all this? I am starting to forget. Granted, I didn't have a drivers license when I was chatting friends on BBS via a 1200 baud modem, so I can't comment on what road rage was like then.

Do you think there is any merit to the thought that the technological speed at which we're moving today makes it all the more painful to be stuck behind a snail-speed semi? Or am I just making excuses for why I am so impatient?

No comments: